Thursday, October 11, 2012

SAN GIMIGNANO - then and now

08.07.2012    

               A medieval town of towers that makes you wonder if you've walked into a movie set. I first visited San Gimignano with Akiko and Junko in July.



            Akiko and I got along really really well and at first she wanted a sketch of the Duomo of Florence. But we had such a great time together in San Gimignano she thought having a sketch of that will be more meaningful. So here's Piazza della Cisterna, with its famous well. It's my first attempt to draw a full page of my sketch pad 21 x 29.7cm. The rest were done in half pages.

22.09.2012

          My second visit was in September. I was with my cousin Weiling who was visiting and also another flatmate of mine, Chinwe. It was awesome to see their delightful faces when we entered the walled city. No one could not possibly not like San Gimignano!

Chinwe waving happily

Cousins in stripes!

                  Weiling and me, our butts feeling especially cool sitting on that medieval bench. Ok, it's just me. My butt feels good sitting on something medieval.  

No comments:

Post a Comment