Thursday, October 11, 2012

PORTRAITS

30 August 2012

            I had refrained from trying portraits for a long time. I think drawing people and animals are more challenging. It's not just the issue of perspective, they have got to resemble the person in question.
 
            I was inspired by a friend's quick portrait and wondered if I could maybe just try. My first one made my object looked like a madman and not publishable!

          Again, I attempted on a flight, choosing Robert D. Junior. I tried several on my family members and had intended to do a family portrait of my external family. Project stalled! I am in no way close to getting any resemblance. I did all these on the flight, on the way back to Europe.


I think Robert D. Junior was my best attempt at capturing the features and expression. 


Leonardo will probably not be very happy seeing this...


Oh! Apologies Carrie, I didn't to mean to bring you agony...


What happened to Cruise's charming eyes???


Johnny Depp's suspicious expression was not well portrayed.


Ah....this look more like caricature of me than a portrait!

No comments:

Post a Comment