Thursday, October 11, 2012

ALBEROBELLO

20.07.2012 - 22.07.2012

              It was like the town of Smurfs. Or, a movie set in Star Wars. I was expecting little blue people to walk out of these charming trulli anytime. All the houses in Alberobello are white and some areas, where there is sloping ground, we could climb up and sit between the roofs of two trulli.

                 Dom invited me to tour his hometown in Alberobello. I was wondering half the time if he is an elf in disguise and glancing secretly every now and then to see if he had pointed ears.

                 We wandered around the piazza on my last evening there, together with Dom's cousin Clelia. We had great fun making faces at the camera and Dom and Clelia did a great shot of simultaneous jumping! There was a little kid that tried to join in the fun.


Clelia and me


          Here's a sketch of Dom in front of his parents' shop which is two trulli joint together. I tried to portray the gentle curves on the roof with more darkening and wanted to capture the texture of the grey roof.


Dom and I in front of a row of trulli opposite his parents' shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment